The first project from the list of unfinished things is officially finished! It's been one that I've wanted to finish for some time, but for some reason, I never got around to it.
Oh, right, I know the reason. I stopped at the sleevils.
But no more! The sleevils are finished, and the last bits of the dress have been assembled. Behold, the red silk contouche!
Hopefully, I'll be able to get together with my photographer soon, and snap some pictures of myself prancing around in it.
Since the red contouche was finished faster than I expected, I decided to do some work on another unfinished project, the teal contouche. I had left it off at, you guessed it, the sleeves, so I trimmed the sleeves with what few scraps of fabric were left, and attached them to the bodice.
There's lots of teal in the sewing room right now!
I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma now. I have to figure out what to do about a stomacher, but I have completely run out of fabric, and it happens to be a fabric that is no longer produced. :-/ I have a yard of another teal satin, but it's more green than the gown fabric, though that might not be much of an issue if I cover the stomacher in bows. I'm still debating what to do, so this one probably won't be finished before my three-day weekend is over. Ah, well!